Greek pizza is a flavorful, familiar treat. Now, it’s even more delicious and super convenient with these pizza bites! Each muffin-like bite is filled with tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Each serving has only 82 calories and is sure to keep you full until dinner time. These make a great party appetizer or just a mid-day snack. Both kids and adults will love all the flavor!
Time: 50 minutes
Serving size: 2 pizza bites
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed
- 2/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pastry flour
- 1/3 cup white all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and bell pepper and cook about five minutes until the onion is tender, stirring often. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Coat mini muffin pan with cooking spray, or add a drop of EVOO in each cup and spread it with a paper towel.
- Whisk all-purpose and pastry flours, baking powder, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Stir milk, feta, egg, tomato paste and olives into the cooled onion mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until combined. Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake until slightly browned, about 13 to 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 82
- Fat 3.8 grams [Saturated Fat 0.9 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g]
- Protein 2.3 grams
- Sodium 241.5 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 7.9 grams
- Fiber 1.2 grams
|Olive Oil||Baking Powder||Garlic Powder|