It’s pizza night! Choose your favorite toppings and get creative with this gluten free pizza crust. It’s also free of nuts and dairy, making it a great option for people with diet restrictions. Plus, it’s flavorful and easy to make! Unlike most pizza crusts, this one doesn’t require yeast dough or chopped cauliflower. It’s quick, healthy and perfect for your pizza-loving family.
“Homemade pizzas are the best—everyone can customize their pizza with their favorite toppings. This crust uses only a few simple ingredients but is safe for my gluten free lifestyle!” — Alyssa F.
Time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 1 large slice
- 1 cup tapioca flour (plus more for rolling out dough)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, plus 2-3 tablespoons or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. In a medium bowl, combine the tapioca flour, salt and coconut flour. Mix well.
- Pour in extra virgin olive oil and warm water, and stir. Add the whisked egg and mix well.
- Add an additional 2-3 tablespoons of coconut flour—one at a time—as needed. Your mixture should be a soft but somewhat sticky dough.
- Sprinkle a surface with tapioca flour and move the dough to the surface. Knead gently until it’s in a manageable ball that doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Place the dough ball on a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle a rolling pin with tapioca flour, and use it to roll out the dough until it’s fairly thick. Add a few more tablespoons of tapioca flour if necessary, but be careful not to add too much so it doesn’t get too dense.
- Place rolled-out dough (still on parchment paper) onto a hot pizza stone or sheet pan and then in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you'd like the crust to be before putting on the toppings.
Adapted from Paleo Spirit.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 272
- Fat 20.4 grams [Saturated Fat 3.7 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 14.7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 2.6 grams
- Sodium 205.9 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 21.9 grams
- Fiber 3.4 grams
|Tapioca Flour||Organic Coconut Flour||Organic Olive Oil|