Shrimp is oh-so-delicious and oh-so-versatile! These Garlic Ginger Chili Shrimp can be used as an appetizer or main course and will keep your guests begging to have the recipe.
This simple, healthy recipe will quickly become one of your staple "go to" recipes that will knock those greasy, cream-based comfort foods right off your list. Better yet, after you make it a few times you'll be feeling so confident with your shrimping abilities that you'll learn there are hundreds of flavorful variations to accent such a delicious creature of the sea.
Get your spices flowing and give these delicious Garlic Ginger Chili Shrimp a try. You and your waistline will not regret it.
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 3 shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. In a large pan, heat oil over high heat. Add all ingredients except sesame seeds and cilantro to the pan. Sauté shrimp just until they start to curl and turn opaque, stirring frequently.
2. Remove the pan from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro.
3. Serve over rice, a green salad or alone as an appetizer.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Gourmet.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 162
- Fat 7 grams [Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g]
- Protein 11 grams
- Sodium 456 mgs
- Carbohydrates 13 grams
- Fiber 0.3 grams
|Honey||Crushed Red Pepper||Salt|