Here’s one perfect flavor pairing you may have never heard of: cauliflower and cashew!
This dish delivers the crunch of flash-fried cauliflower with the cheese-like flavor of a cashew cream sauce.
It’s full of flavor and texture, and is a great way to switch up your usual side dishes!
It boasts only 211 calories and 3.3g of fiber per serving.
Plus, cauliflower is packed with great-for-you nutrients!
“What a great way to use cashews! This sauce is creamy and cheesy, and I want to put it on everything!” – Fred P.
Time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into florets (must be dry before using)
- Grapeseed oil, to fry
For Cashew Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup water
- Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Place large pan (walled) under high heat. Add oil and wait until oil reaches a 500° Fahrenheit temperature.
- Once oil has reached desired temperature, carefully place a few florets in the pan. Allow cauliflower to cook for about 40 seconds, or until browned.
- Repeat until all cauliflower is cooked.
- Toss with half of the Cashew Cream Sauce and serve. Add more sauce per your taste.
For Cashew Cream Sauce
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Adjust lemon and sea salt as needed.
- Place sauce in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to help thin and adjust water as needed (more water will make it more runny).
- Keep in a tight lid container in refrigerator; lasts up to 2 weeks
Recipe used in partnership with Amazing Paleo.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 212
- Fat 15.9 grams [Saturated Fat 2.4 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 7.2 grams
- Sodium 216 mg
- Carbohydrates 12 grams
- Fiber 3.3 grams
|Organic Raw Cashews||Expeller Pressed Grapeseed Oil||Organic Cumin|