Tzatziki is a traditional Greek sauce that makes a perfect dip or topping. It combines tangy Greek yogurt with refreshing cucumbers and flavorful spices. This recipe is quick to make, and it's ready to eat right after you mix the ingredients together! Tzatziki (pronounced tsat-zeekee) is traditionally served on grilled meat or gyros, but it also makes a perfect party dip with warm pita chips or sliced veggies. Impress the crowd when you add this to your repertoire of internationally-inspired recipes!
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 0.5 cup
- 2 cups full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 large cucumber, grated or finely diced and strained
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove as much moisture from the grated/minced cucumber as possible by squeezing or straining.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until well-combined. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to two days.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 63.3
- Fat 3.3 grams [Saturated Fat 0.8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g]
- Protein 4.6 grams
- Sodium 113.3 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 4 grams
- Fiber 0.3 grams
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Certified Organic Dill Weed||Pure Lemon Juice|