Sweeten up your appetizer tray this holiday season with this cranberry fruit dip. The combination of sweet fruits with this creamy, tart dipping sauce is so refreshing. Plus, it’s a great way to make use of the apples, oranges and pineapples you received
in a holiday fruit basket. This zingy dip is also a great addition to any finger food platter!
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 0.25 cup
- 1 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- Heat pomegranate juice, dried cranberries and orange zest in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until cranberries are soft.
- Remove from heat and place mixture in a food processor until cranberry mixture is finely chopped. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cranberry sauce and spices. Cover and chill.
- Serve with assorted fruits for dipping.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 65
- Fat 0 grams
- Protein 1 gram
- Sodium 22 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 14 grams
- Fiber 1 gram