Sometimes you just need to satisfy your sweet tooth. At 76 calories each, these donuts are a satisfying way to do so.
They’re made with oat flour, coconut sugar and plenty of other tempting ingredients.
Plus, top them with an optional cinnamon sprinkle for an even sweeter treat!
Making healthy changes to your diet doesn’t have to mean cutting out everything you love. Swapping the sugar-filled coffee shop donuts for this homemade variety is a great place to start!
"My family has so much fun making these donuts. They're best when they're warm!" – Nancy E.
Time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 1 donut
- 1 cup oat flour or oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1/2 banana)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- If using whole oats, blend them in a food processor to make into 1 cup of flour.
- Combine oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a mixer, mix together the egg, coconut sugar, almond milk, banana and coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients into the mixer and combine until well mixed.
- Add the mixture to a small zip-top bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
- Use the zip-top bag to add the mixture to the donut pan, filling each spot about ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm, or store in airtight container for up to two days.
- Put melted coconut oil in a shallow dish that’s big enough to lay a donut in.
- In another shallow dish, combine cinnamon and stevia.
- Individually dip donuts in the coconut oil followed by the cinnamon mixture, coating the top of the entire donut.
Recipe used in partnership with Brittany Suell.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 76
- Fat 2.4 grams [Saturated Fat 0.3 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 2.3 grams
- Sodium 111.5 mg
- Carbohydrates 11.7 grams
- Fiber 1.2 grams
- Sugar 4.7 grams
|Nutmeg||Whole Grain Oat Flour||Coconut Oil|