It's that time of year! Everyone is looking for their margarita fix for the Cinco de Mayo festivities, and Swanson has the answer, without the side of guilt!
Our margarita recipe is made with freeze dried cherries, tart cherry concentrate, black cherry concentrate, orange juice and slightly sweetened with agave to cut back on the sugar! Plus, the sweeteners and dried cherries are organic! Just add tequila to taste, or don't add tequila—it's up to you. Regardless, your taste buds will be having a fiesta and so will you because your margarita is less than 200 calories.
Blend it up, sit back and enjoy your guilt-free reward!
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried tart cherries, crushed
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons black cherry concentrate
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 lime, for garnish
1. Measure out 1/3 cup of freeze dried cherries, put into a plastic bag and crush with a mallet. Set aside.
2. Combine the water and ½ cup turbinado sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the crushed freeze dried cherries. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
3. Combine the cooled syrup with the tart cherry concentrate, black cherry concentrate, orange juice, and agave nectar. Chill thoroughly.
4. In a separate wide, shallow bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of crushed freeze dried cherries with the remaining 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar and mix well.
5. When ready to serve drinks, rub the rim of each glass with a piece of lime, then dip the rims into the cherry/sugar mixture. Serve the margaritas over ice or straight up, as desired, garnished with a lime slice.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 196
- Fat 0 grams [Saturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 1.6 grams
- Sodium 2.8 mgs
- Carbohydrates 47.6 grams
- Fiber 0.6 grams
|Tart Cherry Juice||Agave Nectar||Turbinado Sugar|