A unique sweet and savory take on classic grilled cheese!
- 4 slices good quality Bread
- 2 Peaches, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Olive Oil, just a splash
- 4 ounces Goat Cheese
- Cilantro, a fistful, washed and loosely chopped
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Blackberry Jam
- In a bowl, combine goat cheese, cilantro and honey. Mash all together with utensil of your choice. I used a butter knife. Set aside both the goat cheese mixture and the butter knife.
- On the stove, bring a cast iron or non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Using a spatula, spread a splash of olive oil over the skillet and lay your peaches flat on the same. Grill one side until slightly brown and then flip and repeat with the other side. They should take a few minutes per side. When they are ready, the peaches will pull easily off the skillet. If they stick, they need a minute more. Set grilled peaches aside.
- Using the very same butter knife from step 1, lightly butter one side of all four slices of bread. Place all four pieces of bread, butter side down, onto the skillet.
- Using that very same butter knife (think of all the dirty dishes saved), split the goat cheese mixture in half and spread onto two of the four slices of bread. At this point in time, all four slices of bread should be buttered side down with the goat cheese on two. This is correct; the sandwich stacking won’t happen until the very end.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Once golden, split your grilled peaches in half and spread on top of the goat cheese mixture. Split the blackberry jam and spread onto the other two slices of bread. Place bread with jam on top of the bread with the goat cheese and grilled peaches.
- Remove from skillet. Cut in half and enjoy.
Serving Size: 2 sandwiches