Sick of the same old salad? Swap the spinach for napa cabbage and try this zesty dish!
Asian Chicken Salad features a homemade dressing filled with traditional Asian flavors. Shredded chicken adds an impressive amount of protein, and cabbage delivers antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber. Best of all, this salad is delicious!
Switch things up for your next meal and try Asian Chicken Salad. You won’t be disappointed.
“This salad has just the right combination of sweet and zesty that I like!” — Rachel R.
Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1.5 cups
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 head large cabbage, chopped into very thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon habanero pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 green onions, chopped
1. To make the dressing, combine these ingredients in a small bowl or jar with a lid: soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, olive oil, hoisin sauce, hot pepper sesame oil, pepper sauce, salt and chopped green onions. Secure the lid and shake vigorously.
2. In a large bowl, combine chopped cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, sesame seeds and shredded chicken.
3. Drizzle with prepared dressing, to taste. Toss until well incorporated, adjusting amount of dressing as needed.
Adapted from Linda Wagner.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 248
- Fat 9 gram [Saturated Fat 1.2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g]
- Protein 25.9 grams
- Sodium 352 mgs
- Carbohydrates 14.9 grams
- Fiber 4.3 grams