Sports drinks have become a staple in our society, and it can be easy to overlook that some may contain artificial ingredients. So why not start making your own with natural ingredients? This recipe is made with popular and healthy ingredients like tart cherry juice, lemon, honey, water and salt. With just five ingredients, you can give your joints support and replenish those electrolytes. And as any athlete can tell you, that's what your body truly needs after a vigorous workout.
Time: 5 minutes
Serving Size: 8 ounces
- 2 1/2 ounces tart cherry juice concentrate
- 1 ounces lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 27 ounces cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon crystal salt
- In a 32-ounce water bottle, mix tart cherry juice, lemon juice and honey.
- Add enough water to nearly fill the bottle and salt to taste.
- Thoroughly shake the bottle until the honey has completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes if preferred. Otherwise, chill and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Success.
|Tart Cherry Juice||Organic Wildlflower Honey||Lemon Juice|