Looking for the perfect gift for your boss that will stand out among all the planners, fancy pens and gift cards? Whether it's for a holiday, birthday, Boss’s Day (sometimes known as National Boss Day or Bosses Day), or just because they’re awesome—when it comes to choosing a gift for your boss, the pressure is on. But we’ve got your back. Give your boss one of these easy gifts that are sure to please!
Herbal Tea or Organic Coffee
You can't go wrong with gifting herbal teas or coffee. Since you work together, there's a good chance you already know your boss’s tea or coffee preferences, so put together an assortment they’ll truly appreciate. From uplifting peppermint tea to relaxing chamomile or an energizing and richly flavorful organic coffee, you have endless options. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Organic Turmeric Tea: an antioxidant herbal tea with many healthful benefits. Check out What is Turmeric? to learn more.
- 100% Organic Green Tea: green tea is a gentle energizer and well-known antioxidant booster.
- Organic Peppermint Tea: rejuvenating peppermint awakens senses without caffeine any time of day.
- Organic Chamomile Tea: chamomile tea is a time-tested treat for promoting relaxation.
- Organic French Roast Coffee: try this rich, French roast coffee for a delicious, full flavored brew.
- Decaffeinated House Blend Coffee: satisfy that late evening coffee craving with a naturally water-decaffeinated house blend that won’t disrupt sleep.
Tea has a reputation for being better for you than coffee, but coffee may have benefits too! Read What’s the Buzz About Coffee and Caffeine? to learn about coffee benefits and common myths.
Complete your gift with certified organic raw wildflower honey or organic stevia extract and coconut oil coffee creamer as a healthier alternative to sugar and cream. And check out Coconut Oil Coffee and Keto Coffee Benefits to learn about the fat-burning potential of adding oils to your coffee.
Nothing shows your appreciation quite like a homemade gift. Try a recipe for homemade bath bombs, face masks and delicious treats to include with your gift. You can also make a great gift just by adding pre-measured ingredients to decorative jars and adding a handwritten recipe card.
- Turmeric Face Mask: Put together a brightening, antioxidant turmeric face mask kit with certified organic ground turmeric, organic apple cider vinegar with mother, and certified organic raw wildflower honey, then head over to How to Make Turmeric Paste for a turmeric face mask recipe and more uses for this healthy golden paste.
- Activated Charcoal Face Mask: You can make a purifying, detoxifying face mask with just three ingredients plus water: 1 teaspoon of Aztec Healing Clay, 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal powder, 1/2 teaspoon of certified organic raw wildflower honey, and 2 teaspoons of water. You can multiply this recipe to fit the air-tight jar of your choice and store in the refrigerator. Check out What is Activated Charcoal? to get the scoop on why it’s so good!
- Bath Bombs: Check out this easy to make DIY Bath Bomb Recipe for the ultimate addition to your boss’s day gift basket. You can add your favorite essential oils and make them festive with natural food coloring.
- Sweet Treats: If your boss has a sweet tooth, make a batch of these Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies or try your hand at baked donuts with our 4 Delicious, Healthy Baked Donut Recipe Hacks.
Hot Cocoa Basket: Fill glass jars with your own, homemade hot cocoa recipe. All you need is a cup of organic cocoa powder, a cup of coconut sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Mix the ingredients and add to a jar with the instructions to use 4 tablespoons per cup of milk. Want to make it extra special? Add organic vanilla bean to the blend, and include a bag of marshmallows too!
Healthy Snack Stash
Who doesn’t get the urge to snack at work? And the snack room or vending machine doesn’t always have a healthy selection. Give your boss an irresistible stash of healthy snacks with dried fruits, nuts and other goodies that will help him or her fuel up without slowing down.
- Certified Organic Pumpkin Seeds: a tasty, crunchy, healthy snack to enjoy without the guilt.
- Certified Organic Cashews: cashews without added salt, sugar, artificial flavorings or sweeteners.
- Certified Organic Mango Slices: carefully dried and unsulfured mango slices, so your boss can enjoy the "apple of the tropics" all year.
- Certified Organic Black Mission Figs: black mission figs are a good source of fiber and make the perfect snack for work or on-the-go.
- Organic Cacao Nibs: satisfy that chocolate craving with antioxidant-rich, raw cocao nibs.
Stress affects physical and mental health.1 The less stress you have, the better it is for your wellbeing. For most people, work tops the list of stressors.2 Give your boss the ultimate gift with these relaxation essentials that fight the physical and mental effects of stress.
Mellow Mag Powder Drink: Magnesium supplements top our list of relaxation essentials. They’re great for fighting stress and anxiousness while replenishing your body’s healthy supply of magnesium.3 Try Mellow Mag, our naturally-flavored magnesium drink mix that’s perfect for helping you unwind at the end of a long day. For on-the-go relaxation and stress support, try our single serve drink packs—they're perfect for stashing in a purse or desk drawer.
Aromatherapy Essential Oils: Aromatherapy uses scents to help boost our wellbeing and state of mind, and that includes relaxation and stress relief. Give your boss an aromatherapy kit with relaxing lavender essential oil or chamomile essential oil, plus an essential oil diffuser. Check out our Beginner's Guide to Using Essential Oils for more ideas.
Subscriptions make amazing gifts for almost anyone, bosses included. They truly are the gifts that keep giving. Healthy subscription ideas include magazines that are focused on health and wellness, healthy food subscriptions, and you can subscribe to regular deliveries of Swanson products including the snacks, teas, coffees and relaxation essentials mentioned above with our new and improved EasyRefill. All you have to do is select the product and delivery frequency, and you can snooze, resume, edit and cancel subscriptions anytime. Click here to learn more about EasyRefill and get healthy living delivered straight to your boss’s door.
We believe self-care gifts are the best kind of gifts. Life is busy and work can be stressful and most of us don’t take enough time out to focus on our own needs. Encouraging each other, even in small ways, to take care of ourselves is a big accomplishment. So the next time you’re not sure what to buy for your boss or coworker, think of self-care first. You can put together a self-care kit with the recommendations above, or choose from our wide range of wellness products, healthy food and beverage options, and natural beauty essentials.
What’s the best self-care gift you’ve ever received? Tell us in the comments below! And be sure to check out Say Om: 6 Tips to Help You Relax and Reduce Stress and 11 Best Self-Care Tips for Mind & Body.
1 Stress Management. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress-symptoms/art-20050987 (Accessed 10/16/2018)
2 Causes of Stress. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/causes-of-stress#1 (Accessed 10/16/2018)
3 Why do we need magnesium? Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/286839.php (Accessed 10/16/2018)