Look here for an easy way to
navigate to your previously
Whole grain quinoa blend
Natural source of fiber and protein
High in the Andes mountains of Peru lies the village of Cuzco, the epicenter of the ancient Incan Empire. Then, as today, the "Mother Grain of the Incas"—quinoa (pronounced keen-wa)—is revered here for its incredible nutritional value and wonderfully nutty taste. That taste inspired this amazing Cuzco Whole Grain Blend, which includes long grain brown rice and a mixture of organic herbs and spices. Both stove top and microwave instructions are included on box.
Serving Size 1/4 cup dry grains and 1 tbsp. seasoning mix (52 g) (about 1 cup cooked)
Servings per Container about 3
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories 190 Calories from Fat 15|
|Total Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 460 mg||19%|
|Potassium 230 mg||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 38 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 5 g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65 grams||80 grams|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 grams||25 grams|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 grams||375 grams|
|Dietary Fiber||25 grams||30 grams|
Calories per gram:
INGREDIENTS: Whole Grain Parboiled Brown Rice*, Whole Grain Millet*, Whole Grain Quinoa*, Dried Vegetables* (Onion*, Red Bell Pepper*, Tomato*, Garlic*), Cane Sugar*, Sea Salt; Spices*, Cilantro*, Garlic Powder*, Tamari Powder* (Soybean*, Rice Flour*, Salt); Soybean Oil*.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS:
1. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil into a medium sauce pan, and sauté the grains over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Stir frequently until the grains are golden brown (about 2 to 3 minutes).
2. Add 2 cups of water and seasonings. Stir and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to MEDIUM-LOW, cover and simmer for 22 to 25 minutes or until water is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat, stir and re-cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
1. Combine grains, seasoning, 2 cups of hot water, and 1 tbsp. of olive oil (optional) into a 2-qt microwave-safe glass bowl. Stir well.
2. Cover tightly with microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce to MEDIUM (50%) for 16-20* minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from microwave. Let stand covered for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
*Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times are approximate. Adjust cooking time as needed.
Chef's Tip: Add 1/3 cup of toasted pine nuts to prepared rice.
Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI).
Whole Grain Organic Quinoa Grown in Ecuador, Bolivia or Peru.
Earning your trust is our first
and only priority.