America's #1 Rated Catalog/Internet Merchant
Based on Customer Satisfaction†
Look here for an easy way to
navigate to your previously
Certified organic quinoa and wild rice meal
Very easy to prepare
Natural source of protein and fiber
On the border between Peru and Bolivia, sitting at 12,500 feet above sea level you'll find Lake Titicaca, the world's highest navigable lake. There, you'll also find the namesake of this organic meal: a charming little island called Amantani. It's in this enchanting region that the inspiration was found for red, black and white quinoa for this Amantani blend. Both stove top and microwave cooking instructions are included.
Serving Size 1/4 Cup Dry Grains and 1 1/4 Tbsp. Season Mix (53 g) (About 1 Cup Cooked)
Servings Per Container 3
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories 190 Calories from Fat 15|
|Total Fat 1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 550 mg||23%|
|Potassium 250 mg||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 5 g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65 grams||80 grams|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 grams||25 grams|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 grams||375 grams|
|Dietary Fiber||25 grams||30 grams|
Calories per gram:
INGREDIENTS: Whole Grain Parboiled Brown Rice*, Whole Grain Quinoa*, Dried Vegetables* (Garlic*, Onion*, Carrot*, Mushrooms*, Celery*, Spinach*), Wild Rice*, Sea Salt, Spice*, Less Than 2% of Miso* (Fermented Soy Beans*), Celery Extract*, Turmeric* (Color), Vinegar*, Cane Juice Molasses*, Corn Syrup*, Caramel Color*.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS:
1. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional) to a medium sauce pan and saute the grains over medium-high heat. Stir frequently until the grains are golden brown (about 2 to 3 minutes).
2. Add 2 cups of water and seasonings, stir and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 22 to 25 minutes or until water is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat, stir and re-cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
1. Combine rice, seasonings, 2 cups of hot water and 1 Tbsp. of oil (optional) to a microwave-safe glass dish. Stir well.
2. Cover and microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Stir half-way through cooking time to ensure uniform heating of the grains.
3. Keep the rice covered and reduce the heat to medium (50%). Cook for about 24-28 minutes. Stir occasionally during cooking to distribute flavors.
4. Remove from microwave and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
*SUGGESTED COOKING TIME MAY VARY WITH DIFFERENT APPLIANCES.
Whole Grain Quinoa grown in Bolivia.
Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International QAI.
Earning your trust is our first
and only priority.