|Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 100 mg||Expectorant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, occurs with high fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
- Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- Children 6 years to under 12 years: 1-2 teaspoonfuls every 4 hours
- Children 4 years to under 6 years: 1/2-1 teaspoonful every 4 hours
- Children under 4 years: do not use
- Each 5 mL teaspoonful contains sodium 3 mg
- tamper evident: do not use if seal under bottle cap printed "sealed for your protection" is torn or missing
- store between 15-25° (59-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
- dosage cup provided
Citric Acid Anhydrous, Dextrose, FD&C Red #33, FD&C Red #40, Flavors, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Saccharin Sodium, Sodium Hydroxide, Sucralose, Xanthan Gum