Roasted Rack of Lamb and Watercress Salad
Watercress salad delivers a refreshing crunch alongside roasted rack of lamb.
- 1/2 lamb rack (8-bone rack)
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 1/4 cup red chili powder
- 1/4 cup coarse pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches watercress
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix salt, chili powder, pepper, rosemary, cilantro and half the olive oil to make a paste. Pack the paste all around the rack of lamb. Heat the other 1/4 cup olive oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat. Place rack in skillet; sear for 2 minutes on each side. Place skillet in the oven with lamb fat side up; bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove rack from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.
- Clean watercress; mix with lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Slice rack into individual chops. Serve 2 chops per serving with the salad.
Calories from Fat 433 (77%)
(72%)Total Fat 47g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.