Lemon Artichoke Chicken
Capers, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, and dry white wine combine to create this tangy chicken meal.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 6 tbls flour, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In shallow dish, combine 4 tablespoons flour and black pepper. Dredge chicken breast halves in mixture.
- In large skillet over high heat, melt ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick). Add green onions; sauté over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add chicken to pan; cook, turning once, until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add chicken stock and wine to pan, stirring to scrape bits off bottom. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- In small bowl, knead together remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/4 cup butter. Whisk into sauce and stir until thickened. Stir in lemon juice and artichoke hearts. Stir in salt.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, until heated through, about 7 minutes. Just before serving, add capers and chopped parsley to chicken.
Calories from Fat 233 (54%)
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.