Crab & Asparagus Frittata
This frittata is special enough for brunch guests and hearty enough for a light family supper.
- 1 cup small fresh asparagus pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup thin red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup flaked crab meat (2 oz.)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Coat 10-inch nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus, mushrooms, onions and bell pepper; sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add crab; mix well.
- Beat eggs, water and Italian seasoning in medium bowl until blended. Stir in mozzarella cheese; pour over crab mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat until eggs are set at edges, 5 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 375°F oven until top is lightly browned, eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 67 (54%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.