Summary: Provide content and help expand reach of multiple websites through writing, social media, and video.
- Provide content to websites by blog posts, uploading/transcribing videos, writing descriptions and promoting on social media platforms.
- Conceptualize and create short videos on health related topics. Plan and organize in-house and field-based video production.
- Operate video production equipment and post-production software to create professional quality web videos.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Experience with video post-production software
- Knowledge of Facebook, Youtube, Google+
- Familiarity with blog platforms
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Posses and utilize effective writing skills
- Posses analytical skills and be able to identify problems and formulate practical solutions
- Proven creative skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to producing quality work, deadline conscious
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or Communications with 1-3 years of web experience. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- Mini DV-camera
- Video editing software
- Black and white and color laser printers
- CD Burner
- Motion graphics
- General office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time- frequently
- Ability to travel to video shoots- occasionally
- Ability to see differences between colors, shades, and brightness during filming and editing
- Ability to hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving during filming