Join the Swanson Health Products web team and help us deliver the best digital experience we possibly can to hundreds of thousands of customers who visit our website from all around the world. We need you to provide technical solutions utilizing a Java platform for architecture, design and development of web-based applications and web service interfaces. You will join a team dedicated to developing and implementing these solutions so they integrate seamlessly with our existing applications, as well as any new functionality that will further enhance our ability to deliver a superior customer experience for all SwansonVitamins.com visitors.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Work with development team, project managers, managers and stakeholders to gather requirements and define project specifications with clear project deliverables and timelines
- Work with the web programming team to develop and maintain our Content Management System.
- Monitor our content delivery network and performance metrics and suggest improvements where needed to keep the site running at peak performance.
- Monitor web operations and respond to problems, some of which may occur outside of regular business hours
- Produce reasonable and accurate estimates of development hours required to meet deliverables; ensure projects are completed to spec, within scope and deadlines.
- Perform sufficient testing to identify and resolve problems before the application is presented for review (UX review, QA, business users)
What Else You’ll Get to Do:
- Every month, you’ll participate in a team-building experience with the entire Web Team (past events have included Redhawks baseball games, volunteering at YWCA & bowling).
- If exercise is important to you, feel free to use our on-site fitness center, complete with locker rooms and showers. And don’t worry... if it’s been a while since you’ve hit the gym, our personal trainer will help design a program to get you back into shape.
- Get your work done during the hours you work best (within reason, of course).
- When offered, travel to best-in-class conferences and training seminars for professional development and to stay up-to-date on the latest ecommerce and marketing trends.
- With over 19,000 products and counting, every team member is expected to pitch ideas on how best to showcase this huge assortment in a way that drives sales and repeat business.
What You Need to Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems with minimum of 3 years experience in web programming, and experience with IntelliJ, UML design, Java Design Patterns, JSP, Servlets, Java Beans, Tomcat, Apache Server, J2EE, JMS, JPA, SVN, Apache Ant, Spring Framework, Linux Server, IBM WebSphere MQ, Terracotta
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to producing quality work with complete accuracy and within deadlines
- A responsible, self-starter attitude with strong self-management, conceptual, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills who is equally skilled at working collaboratively in a team-orientated environment
- Familiarity with web API’s and development frameworks
- Knowledge of content delivery networks
- The ability to communicate effectively with business users of various skill levels and technical capabilities
- A deep understanding of usability best practices and methodology and user-centered design principles as related to eCommerce