Summary: Responsible for designed user interaction and visual designs to ensure the user experience is intuitive, consistent, concise comprehensive and feasible. This position must rely on creativity, brand standards and close attention to detail to accomplish team objectives.
- Produce graphic material for the online arena, specifically email marketing campaigns. Create new design for a variety of promotional materials and update existing projects as necessary and formulate initial design ideas for multiple projects.
- Maintain a consistent look in line with established Swanson branding efforts.
- Communicate with management to fully understand desired direction on current and future projects.
- Formulate a creative plan for meeting goals and expectations by working with the Internet Marketing Supervisor and web team.
- Actively seek out innovative solutions to solve web-related business problems by comparing and evaluating possible courses of conduct, and acting or making a decision after the various possibilities have been considered.
- Stay abreast of new software/innovations in the industry.
- Ensure integrity of overall look and feel from website to print (and vice versa). Work with art department to ensure consistency.
- Ongoing training and development. Continual implementation of new functions for online advertising and promotion.
- Potentially may lead and direct the work of others on a project or two.
- Adhere to Webteam Core Values and Rules of Engagement.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Familiar with Mac OS and software
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and experience with Adobe CS
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Wide degree of creativity, willingness to learn and latitude
- Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to producing quality work, deadline conscious
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Must be flexible and possess multi-task ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. Must be enrolled in a 4 year degree program working towards a degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, Multimedia.
Equipment and software used:
- Mac OS computer
- Standard office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time- frequently
- Computer and keyboard use- frequently