Summary: Receive, unpack, store, and distribute product for the use of sale. Responsible for answering telephone calls and greeting customers. Receive requests/inquiries from customers and provide information and price quotations to customers.
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner in the store and on the telephone.
- Respond immediately to customer inquiries made by telephone, fax, or mail in a positive and courteous professional manner.
- Receive shipment and verify contents with packing slip. Organize products and mark them with identifying codes or prices and place those items for storage in place according to the existing inventory system. Stock merchandise on shelves in appropriate location.
- Be familiar with the location of product and how to find information in reference sources.
- Compare inventory on shelf with the inventory numbers in the computer.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Maintain the appearance of the store and water plants weekly.
- Ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Computer experience
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. High school diploma or GED, or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- Fax machine
- Cash Register
- 10 key
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time- continually
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds- occasionally