Summary: Efficiently and accurately receive and license plate all incoming inventory and the replenishment of inventory for East and West Coast Warehouses. Other responsibilities include assisting with wrapping and bagging of glass and liquid items. Support other operations functions as required.
- Due to the limited number of staff in the department this position requires the abilities to rotate through all functions (listed below) in the receiving department according to set rotation schedule.
Receiving of Bulk Product and National Brand Product
- Unload trucks and inspect shipments for damage. Check bill of lading for accuracy. Log all discrepancies and/or damages of shipments. Inspect and log condition of truck.
- Sort bulk by item and apply license plate to product while verifying license plate information matches item information.
- Initiate 802A report when product released by QC, prepare for storage
- Accurately and efficiently receive national brand products at receiving stations. Log all discrepancies.
- Sort 801A by 801A-801A-801IC-801GL
- Use UPOI report to accurately record product information for PLFG, National Brand, and Bulk so that it can be received by receiving specialist.
- Generate report and review needs. Pull glass and/or liquid items and process them in the correct protective packaging. Place items in appropriate container for storage in prime or for transport.
East and West Coast Warehouse
- Accurately pull product designated for East and West Coast Warehouses and prepare for shipping.
- Create and add to cargo pallets with URF
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- The ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
- All positions require the ability to read, write and understand English with the ability to communicate in English effectively
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Forklift certification with the ability to operate all PITs (Swanson Health Products will train)
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve in a logical manner
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic computer knowledge
- RF experience preferred
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. High school diploma or equivalent GED.
Equipment and software used:
- Label printer
- Hand held Radio Frequency guns
- Forklifts: Standup, Sit down, Order picker
- Electric & Manuel pallet jack
- Two wheel carts
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Lift up to 25 pounds- continually
- Lift up to 50 pounds- occasionally
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time- continually
- Able to bend, sit and/or kneel for extended periods of time- occasionally
- Ability to climb ladders- occasionally