Summary: To assist purchasing agents with daily essential tasks
Essential Responsibilities: include the following;
- Obtain receiving paperwork from all 3 warehouses and separate and prepare the paperwork for the buyers.
- Match receiving paperwork to invoices and forward to appropriate buyers for approval.
- Organize completed invoices and turn into accounting in a timely manner.
- Approve invoices for supplies/materials
- Key BOGO information into Mozart for report messages.
- Keep bulk purchase order file drawers clean.
- Assist buyers with keying of purchase orders, invoicing when absent, trouble shooting on purchase orders, price changes, and any modifications to be done in Mozart.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain ongoing communications with vendors.
- Monitory Invoice Reconciliation Report from accounting as requested to ensure any open invoice discrepancies are cleared.
- Facilitate vendor returns by preparing report and contacting the vendors to obtain credits.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP
- Miscellaneous tasks for buyers, i.e. mailing returns to vendors
- Keep/order supplies and paper stocked in purchasing room
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and navigate within assigned computer software
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and experience required: High school degree or GED required. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
Equipment and software used:
- Multi-line telephone system
- Fax machine
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift full boxes of printer and fax paper