Summary: The primary duty of this position is the responsibility for project development and implementation for improved operational efficiency and production capacity. Evaluate, develop and design existing and new methods and processes that will improve overall operations.
1. Project Investigations and Planning. Investigate Operations projects for feasibility and ROI. Plan and implement approved projects based on timeline and budget.
2. Work Measurement System. Establish a work measurement system for the Operations group. Define work standards for all work tasks in the Operations group. Maintain standards on an ongoing basis.
3. Facilities and Projects Layout. Utilize CAD to develop facility layouts for approved projects. Analyze workflow and equipment integration into existing operations.
4. Efficiency Improvements. Develop and define efficiency improvement projects for the Operations group.
5. Project Management. Develop project plans for implementation. Manage all aspects of project installation, including suppliers and contractors.
6. Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
7. Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
• Strong understanding of Project Management
• Knowledge of financial analysis with emphasis on ROI
• Ability to research new projects, develop investment costs and provide process flow analysis
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient at using CAD systems for facilities and project layout
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills and knowledge
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Management or other related field. 2-3 years of process analysis and formuation development and 3-5 years of working with production systems, project management, work measurement and facility layout skills preferred. Experience with order processing system preferred. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
Equipment and software used:
• Microsoft Office Suite
• RF Scanners
• Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) system
• Work measurement tools
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time- frequently
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds- occasionally
• Ability to be on your feet, standing/walking for extended periods of time- frequently
• Ability to climb stairs- occasionally