Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to follow the formulation and introduction of Private Label products from initiation to implementation, including but not limited to competitor and market research, analyzing new product requests and formulate recommendations to Private Label Manager and Director.
- New Private Label Product Initiation
New Private Label Product Implementation
- Performs initial research on new product concepts including but not limited to: identifying comparable products already on the market, identifying potential ingredients and availability thereof, determining appropriate delivery form(s), etc.
- Coordinates with approved contract manufacturer(s) to determine composition, obtain quotes, and complete/obtain all necessary documentation for the formulation and introduction of new items under Swanson brands.
- Serves as primary contact for other departments within SHP and for outside business partners (contract manufacturer, ingredient suppliers) throughout the new item set-up process for all items personally initiated.
Existing Private Label Product Changes
- Coordinates schedule for introduction with Private Label Manager and ensure timely completion of Item Initiation Process to meet goals and deadlines.
- Visually inspects final product upon first receipt and coordinates signed approval with Private Label Manager.
- Maintain documentation on file and within active departmental and shared databases.
- Work with approved contract manufacturer(s) to execute changes to product
- Initiate formula changes.
- Serves as primary contact and coordinates with other departments to implement item change.
- Visually inspects final product (and/or label) and coordinates signed approval with QC/QA team, Private Label Manager and Director.
- Updates and maintains accurate documentation on file and within active departmental and shared databases.
- Maintain Knowledge of Market
Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Keeps abreast of current news and developments within the Vitamin, Mineral, and Supplement industry to assist in indentifying new opportunities for Swanson brand products.
- Attend trade shows as appointed to learn about new and existing products/ingredients and interface with outside business partners.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. Two to four year degree in nutrition, dietetics, chemisty, physiology, or related fields. One-two years of SHP experience preferred. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
Equipment and software used:
- Microsoft Office Products
- All basic office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time- continuously
- Data entry and computer use- continuously
- Ability to travel by airplane- occasionally