Summary: The primary function of this position is to recommend pricing strategies for Swanson and national brand product and make recommendations to create an efficient product category management.
- Compare and report competitor pricing and promotional strategies.
- Review and analyze company’s pricing model versus the competition in an effort to deliver annual budgeted sales and gross margin targets.
- Gather, analyze, and publish competitive price audits versus all major web competitors in a timely manner.
- Collect, audit, and analyze competitive internet prices on a predetermined schedule and recommend adjustments in current price strategies.
- Recommend changes in competitors to be audited.
- Analyze and report on competitive price data to determine trends and work with Category Managers, Merchandising Department, and the Business Analytics team to suggest changes in current go-to-market strategies.
- Publish competitive price audits and analysis to the Executive team, Merchant team and Pricing team.
- Work closely with the Category Managers and Business Analytics team to determine appropriate adjustments in current price strategies to respond to competitive changes in the marketplace.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Strong mathematical skills with ability to summarize data
- Ability to draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel
- Ability to multitask
- Poses strong Excel skills
- Experience with SPSS
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Math, or other quantitative discipline. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- General Office Equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time- continuously