Summary: The primary function of this position is to assist with ensuring that the daily accuracy and product quality of the manufacturing department meets Swanson Health Products and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) standards. The objective is to achieve a higher level of accuracy and product quality.
- Ensure accuracy of bulk for every work order for item and manufacture date.
- Ensure label accuracy by locating all incoming labels in the label room. Conduct label reconciliation on the work order and return any partial rolls to the appropriate location in the label room.
- Conduct random checks of work order fulfillment process to ensure all quality aspects are being met. The following apply but are not limited to; Check bottles, caps, induction seals, pill counts, labels, lot numbers, manufacture dates, etc.
- Assure quality assurance (QA) and cGMP procedures are followed when product is bottled. Follow all current QA policies and help implement policy changes and new polices.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of packaging department QA and cGMP paperwork. Verify completion and accuracy of work order, daily logs, and cleaning logs.
- Approve all completed work orders prior to product leaving the packaging area by conducting the final inspection of completed work orders to verify accuracy and quality of finished products.
- Discuss quality issues/deficiencies with packaging lead/supervisor/manager and QA supervisor. Participate in quality problem investigations, corrective action discussions, and non-complaint product disposition decisions.
- Follow all cGMP’s. Follow and complete all cGMP related paperwork; attend yearly training put on by leads and supervisors.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- The ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Previous manufacturing and/or quality control experience preferred
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. High school diploma or GED equivalent. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- Radio frequency guns
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to stand on your feet for the full shift- continually
- Ability to bend, sit, and/or kneel- occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds- occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds- frequently