Summary: Efficiently and accurately pick, stock, and prepare product for shipment to meet department standards while meeting customer needs.
Essential Responsibilities: include the following;
- Efficiently and accurately pick customer orders to department standards by doing the following functions. This position requires rotation through all functions listed below in the order-fulfillment process according to set rotation schedule determined by supervisory staff.
- Accurately fill orders according to defined standards using the Pick to Light picking system
- Check accuracy of rejected product at reject points in designated areas using a computer terminal and Scanner.
- Set up box erector accurately for order requirements.
- Prepare boxes, invoices, and inserter for all order fulfillment lines.
- Accurately void fill orders and seal cases using filling and taping equipment. Void fill orders to meet department set quantities standard.
- Organize boxes or bags and palletize orders based on identified carrier method.
- Wrap and move pallets using pallet jack to designated carrier area.
- Follow all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices). Follow and complete all GMP related paperwork; attend yearly training put on by leads and supervisors.
- Follow and adhere to all safety rules and procedures set forth by the company.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- To assist in maintaining a clean and organized department. Keep work area clean and organized throughout and at the end of shift.
- The ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
- All positions require the ability to read, write and understand English with the ability to communicate in English effectively
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- At times problem solve and prioritize when needed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic computer knowledge
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required: High School Education or GED preferred.
Equipment and software used:
- Box Erector
- Mozart system, Printers
- Pick-to-light pick line system
- Automated Picking Machines
- Scanning Guns
- Label Printers
- Batteries / Battery Chargers
- Waste Compactors
- Stretch Wrap Machine
- Literature Inserters
- Case sealing machines
- Automated sorting and manifesting system
- Manual and Electric Pallet jacks
- Various types of lift trucks when applicable to the job
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Lift up to 20 lbs – occasionally
- Lift 20-40 lbs – frequently
- Lift up to 75 lbs- occasionally
- Ability to be on your feet, standing/walking for extended periods of time – continually
- Able to bend, sit, and or kneel and crouch– occasionally
- Able to climb ladders and stairs – occasionally
- Able to squat, reach overhead, stoop, and twisting at waist- frequently