Summary: The primary purpose of this position is overseeing the network systems operations and supervise the staff members who provide the technical support for Swanson Health Products. Ensure that the safety and integrity of the company networks are maintained. Serve as network and telecommunications technical interface with senior management and all departments.
- Researches, analyzes, and coordinates the feasibility, cost justification, selection and purchase of designated technology, hardware, and software systems according to company and user needs.
- Develop and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan for the network.
- Plan and communicate system maintenance.
- Develop plans for implementation of new projects, coordinating process with project leader. Provide well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
- Reviews and negotiates Information Technology vendor contracts for competitiveness and performs vendor due diligence.
- Monitors the operation of all network and telecommunications systems
- Ensures networks perform within established guidelines and in relation to established SHP policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with network system vendors in the repair of any software problems.
- Coordinates with network maintenance providers the maintenance or repair of network hardware.
- Coordinates any maintenance or repair of any network equipment not covered by a service agreement.
- Ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established standards
- Coordinates the use of network management software to monitor LAN/WAN functions to detect faults and manage throughput.
- Performs periodic audits of software and network system usage and connections and to guard against unauthorized users and to prevent the introduction of any undesirable or destructive software.
- Ensures the proper staffing of the department at all times.
- Assists management and staff by researching special system capabilities or problems.
- Keeps senior management advised of any system problem, hardware problem, or usage problem whereby the integrity of the company networks is compromised.
- Keeps senior management advised of any on-going problems not being resolved satisfactorily or that prevents the fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Coordinates the loading of new software programs and implementing quality control procedures by having computer output generated and analyzed for expected performance.
- Ensures critical operations and data files are backed up and stored off-site.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Professionalism and a service-oriented personality, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users.
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all internal customer from entry level to executive
- Must be proficient in administering Microsoft Active Directory, and have hands on experience managing 100+ users
- Cisco certification at the professional level with preference given to expert level
- Experience in PCI compliance
- Experience in server farm design, configuration, and deployment in a MS Server environment
- Working knowledge of IP routing
- High degree of technical aptitude and a desire to learn a broad spectrum of new technologies
- A sustained ability to execute on critical projects with accelerated schedules
- Experience in Microsoft SQL , Microsoft Clustering, Linux a plus
- The ability and willingness to work on call in support of a near 24x7 operation
Supervisory responsibilities: Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s); is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar related field. A minimum of 5-10 years in management role. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- MS servers
- Cisco network
- VM Ware
- Basic office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time-frequently
- Ability to perform data entry for extended periods of time-frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds-occasionally
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time