Summary: The primary function of this position is to ensure that manufactured dietary supplements meet the company’s quality specifications and cGMP regulations.
- Ensure accuracy of components used and verify that amounts used match the master manufacturing record (MMR).
- Perform in-process checks and sampling throughout blending and encapsulation processes as per the MMR instructions.
- Document all QC checks at the time of performance throughout the manufacturing process.
- Assure quality control (QC) and cGMP procedures are followed when product is manufactured. Follow all current standard operating procedures and help implement changes and new procedures.
- Conduct, when necessary, micro and ATP swabbing of the manufacturing equipment contact parts to validate the cleaning procedures.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of manufacturing department QC and cGMP documentation. Verify completeness and accuracy of MMRs, batch production records (BPRs), equipment usage logs,cleaning and use logs, etc.
- Review and approve all completed BPRs assuring all required information is present, accurate and complete.
- Document and follow-up all deviations. Discuss quality issues/deficiencies with manufacturing lead/supervisor/manager and QC Supervisor. Participate in quality problem investigations, corrective action discussions, and non-compliant product disposition decisions.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Previous food or dietary supplement manufacturing and/or quality control experience preferred
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Equipment and software used:
- Radio frequency guns
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds-occasionally
- Ability to stand on your feet for the full shift-continually
- Able to bend, sit, and/or kneel-frequently