Summary: The primary function of this position is to work in a team environment to complete daily production activities in order to accomplish department goals and objectives. Responsible for equipment operation including set-up, operating, cleaning, and troubleshooting with strict adherence to all applicable SOP’s, FDA- cGMPs and safety protocols.
- Process work orders and Master Manufacturing Records (MMRs) accurately and productively. Obtain correct components necessary to produce orders.
- Correctly complete all electronic productivity recording screens and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) paperwork including daily logs, work orders, and training logs.
- Responsible for safety and accurately setting up, troubleshooting, operating, and cleaning the encapsulation equipment as assigned. Responsible for helping to ensure safe operating procedures are followed as stated in the company’s cGMP manual.
- Ensure that all product produced is properly marked with its correct label, lot number, and manufacture date.
- Ensure quality control (QC) and cGMP procedures are followed when product is produced. Follow all QC policies, attend QC training as required, and help implement new policies.
- Ensure proper fill volume is maintained according to company standards. All orders must be filled as to meet the appropriate fill volume.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Assist other operators within the department as time allows.
- Ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
- Must have ability to read, write, understand, and effectively communicate in English
- Possess and maintain a high degree of self motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-initiative to identify and solve problems and help team members
- Ability to problem solve in a logical manner
- Computer/Mechanical background preferred
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Previous production with machine set up experience preferred.
Equipment and software used:
- Bosch GFK 705 and 1505 Automatic Capsule Fillers
- Capsugel Semi-Automatic Capsule Filler
- Patterson-Kelly V-Blender
- Manual and electric pallet jacks
- Radio Frequency Scanners
- Microsoft Office products
- Various counting and weighing scales
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds- continually
- Ability to lift 25-60 pounds- occasionally
- Ability stand for extended periods of time- continually
- Ability to bend, sit, squat, and/or kneel- occasionally
- Ability to climb ladders- occasionally
- Ability to be exposed to considerable noise- continually