Summary: The primary function of this position is to provide ongoing administration and all the various tasks required to operate and maintain multiple Linux systems support.
- Establish operational best practices and standard operating procedures for deployment, support, break fix, and systems management.
- Responsible for implementation, maintenance, planning and capacity management of the production and development environments.
- Planning, develop, install, configure, maintain, support, and optimize all network software and communication links.
- Set up user accounts on company's servers.
- Run necessary system backups.
- Analyze and resolve end user software program and connectivity issues, and provide end user training where required.
- Works with vendors, end users, and other technical staff to resolve advanced hardware/software issues.
- Act as the point of contact for incident responses to security events and will provide detailed reports of each incident.
- May work on a project team as a participant or responsible for portion of work or project.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure
- Solid understanding of systems and networking
- Supporting Software
- Solid understanding of systems and networking and ability to stay current by adapting to new system technology.
- Operating Systems
- Red Hat Linux versions 5.x and above
- Unix Skills
- Secure System builds
- Storage / SAN
- Scripting / Programming
- Shell (Bourne, ksh, bash)
- Documentation (Technical)
- NFS configuration / support
- Performance tuning
- Familiar with server hardening practices
- Patch Management
- Familiar with PKI / OpenSSL
- Familiar with SELinux
- Ability to communicate effectively orally written technical information to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in the organization
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to form customer relationships
- Ability to stay current by adapting to new system technology
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. A relavent technology degree or a minimum of 5 years relavent work experience in a similar environment. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- Multi-line telephone system
- Fax machine
- All tools and software listed under competencies
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time