Summary: Primary responsibility is to develop an international market for Swanson private label distribution and oversee the Great American Health (GAH) and Peelu divisions. Duties to include all marketing and customer service functions, training and directives.
- Develop a Worldwide Marketing Strategy for Swanson private label distribution by utilizing internet, local distribution and other channels.
- Identify and evaluate business partners for distribution agreements and key performance indicators.
- Define guidelines and performance requirements for Exclusive distribution agreements.
- Develop a forecasting process to ensure supply chain is capable of supporting the distribution network, and providing required customer service levels. This will be a joint effort with the Operations and Purchasing teams.
- Negotiate and develop distribution agreements, and monitor results.
- Create annual operating budget and sales forecast, and provide monthly performance review to Director of Operations. This includes Swanson Health International, GAH, and Peelu.
- Create GAH sales flyers and update GAH catalog for mailing twice per year.
- Define product offering for GAH and Peelu.
- Oversee product pricing and margin analysis for all divisions.
- Develop customer service guidelines, procedures and internal expectations.
- Provide vision and leadership for IT system/interface in order to accommodate order entry and internet services.
- Organize and attend trade shows to support the marketing strategy.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Leadership and vision to develop a business strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions and follow up
- Demonstrate ability to build and motivate a team
- Sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge of harmonized codes
- International freight and shipping experience
- Experience with export documents
- Knowledge of Tariffs and duties
- Ability to communicate effectively with various cultures and languages.
Supervisory responsibilities: Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s); is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and experience required. Bachlors degree International Business, Global Business, Marketing, or related field and minimun of 5-10 years experience in management capacity. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- Microsoft Office and Web Based Tools
- Goldmine Software
- 10 Key, fax, copier, computer
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time- continually
- Ability to travel by air up to 50% of time both internationally and domestically