America's #1 Rated Catalog/Internet Merchant
Based on Customer Satisfaction†
Summary: The primary function of this position is to ensure all front end code on all Swanson affiliated websites is tested into and optimized to the best user experience achievable and complies with the Swanson responsive design and performance standards.
Key Job Differentiator:
1. Ensure all front end code on all Swanson affiliated websites is tested into and optimized for the best user experience achievable and complies with the Swanson responsive design and performance standards and maintains all related documentation.
2. Develop project plans and ensure projects are completed within scope and deadlines.
3. Review, log and prioritize (as necessary); Customer Care notes for web comments, emails and chat logs, Amazon related customer issues, and Ratings and Reviews related customer issues.
1. Design with the user in mind. Understand usability best practices and methodologies and have a deep understanding of user-centered design principles as related to eCommerce.
2. Maintain a consistent look in line with established Swanson branding, infrastructure and SEO efforts.
3. Communicate with management to fully understand desired direction on current and future projects. Regularly update team with project status.
4. Formulate a creative plan for meeting goals and expectations by working with the User Experience Manager and webteam.
5. Stay abreast of w3 standards, new software and web innovations in the industry.
6. Actively seek out innovative solutions to solve web-related business problems.
7. Ensure integrity of overall look and feel from website to print (and vice versa). Work with art department to ensure consistency.
8. Encourage creative development and participation within the webteam and formulate initial design ideas.
9. May lead and direct the work of others on web-related projects.
10. Assist in site optimization. Test new functionality as assigned.
11. Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
12. Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
• Understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions; ability to test own work
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to producing quality work, deadline conscious
• Must be flexible and possess multi-task ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of management
• Have a deep understanding of usability best practices and methodology and user-centered design principles as related to eCommerce
• Ability to switch between front-end developer and design roles as required
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, Multimedia with 2-4 years experience in a similar field. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.