Summary: Cleans and maintains building/facilities and property surrounding building in a timely, accurate manner
- Cleans and maintains building and facilities and performs routine ground maintenance.
Assist team members on various janitorial and mechanical duties as assigned inside and outside the facility.
Follow all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices). Follow and complete all GMP related paperwork; attend yearly training put on by leads and supervisors.
Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors
- Clean and organize break rooms
- Gather and empty trash
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms
- Dust and polish furniture, fixtures, machines, equipment, and cubicles
- Shampoo carpets
- Wax and seal floors
- Clean windows and mirrors
- The ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of the uses of various cleaning, sanitizing, and floor care compounds
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must feel comfortable working in a team environment
- Ability to follow a routine schedule with limited direct supervision
- Ability to work weekends as requested
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. High school diploma or GED equivalent. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- Floor scrubber
- Vacuum cleaner
- Carpet Cleaning equipment
- Ki – Vac Bathroom cleaner
- Janitorial cleaning cart and all accessories
- Cardboard compactor
- Two wheeled carts
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds- occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently
- Ability to push and pull and vacuum cleaner- occasionally
- Ability to climb a ladder or stairs- frequently
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, and reach- frequently