Summary: The primary function of this position is to maintain the operating condition of the building and equipment, and completes troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance. Utilize knowledge of fundamental electronics, electrical and mechanical in performing assignments.
- Troubleshoot, program, repair, replace, and/or install motor control boards, AC/DC motors, VFD’s, PLC’s, CPU boards, and low voltage wiring. Must maintain working knowledge of electrical equipment and perform tasks daily as needed.
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, electronics troubleshooting and repair of all production equipment and machinery throughout facility. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required preventative maintenance and service. Perform on a daily basis as needed. Service should be performed according to maintenance manual and/or GMP standards.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service. Perform on a daily basis as needed. Service should be performed according to maintenance manuals and/or GMP standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC system. Change filters on heat pumps on monthly basis. Location specific.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Clean and maintain building and facility.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to read wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of single phase and three phase power
- Capable of working in a team environment
- On call rotation duty required
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. Associate degree in electronics with up to 2 years of experience. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- General power tools
- Multi meter
- Scissor and fork lifts
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds- occasionally
- Ability to stand, crouch, and/or bend- frequently
- Ability to climb ladders- occasionally
- Ability to climb stairs- frequently
- Ability to work in heights of above 20 feet- occasionally