Summary: The primary function of this position is to be responsible for understanding high level web data and have the knowledge and skills to drill down into all levels of web analytics. This person will translate the data and recommend steps to further develop business needs.
- Use various web analytics tools to look at big picture data to support the web team and overall company goals.
- Drill down into all specialized areas on the team such as SEO, SEM, email, etc.
- Be the go-to person for Email deep-dive analysis.
- Work closely with the Content, Usability and Acquisition Teams to determine what actionable metrics to evaluate.
- Help with the development of reports for each team.
- Work with the Business Analytics and MIS teams for reporting needs.
- Perform Ad Hoc Analysis.
- Spot trends, problem areas and inconsistencies and communicate to the group.
- Be able to answer questions on the fly or have the data at hand to share.
- Be able to communicate business ideas from data.
- Report out findings with a strong knowledge of the why’s and how’s.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to summarize data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Knowledge of web standards, best practices and usability
- Basic understanding of standard ecommerce marketing including email programs, paid search, organic search and behavioral marketing
- Ad hoc reporting
- High level Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with many departments
- Ability to provide direction, lead courageously and influence others
- Ability to think strategically & innovatively, analyze issues and use sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and experience required. Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Math or Marketing with 2-3 years of e-commerce experience. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above
Equipment and software used:
- eCommerce Platform interface
- Microsoft Office
- Web Analytics tools
- Basic office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time-frequently
- Computer and keyboard use-frequently