Yes, another zucchini recipe! This recipe would be a great one for weight loss help for women or men. Zucchini's have high water content, over 95%, high nutritious value and also contain a very low amount of calories, so they make a perfect snack or meal.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1lb. ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Organic Parsley
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Wash each zucchini and cut off the ends and then cut each one in half. Then cut each half lengthwise so you have 4 pieces of zucchini.
- Brown the ground turkey, drain if needed. Then add your red onion, garlic, basil, parsley, mushrooms and green pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the inside of your zucchini. Chop up the insides of your zucchini and add it to your saucepan to soften them a little. Place the zucchini boats on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Now fill each boat with your sauté mixture, pressing it down with the back of a spoon. Now add your grape tomatoes on top of each boat, as well as your parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- We served with couscous and garden carrots, enjoy!