One of my favortie recipes for garden green beans is Sizzling Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes and Organic Spices.
We have SO many green beans popping up in our garden this week. Luckily, we can't get enough of them and they are disappearing fast from our refrigerator. Along with beans, we have plentiful snap peas and cherry tomatoes. There really is no better natural health food option than the satisfaction of growing dinner in your very own back yard. Enjoy!
- 5 cups green (or yellow) beans, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons Swanson Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Parsley Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Oregano (Flakes)
- Steam beans for 7–10 minutes, until they reach desired tenderness. Set beans aside.
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add crushed red pepper flakes and cook for one minute. Add garlic, tomatoes and seasonings to olive oil. Turn down heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add beans to the mixture and heat through, approximately 8–10 minutes.