These whole wheat pear muffins are a hearty, sweet treat. The added raw cane sugar on top adds a nice crunch to each bite, and since the recipe uses a mix, it's super easy to make and share ... or keep them all to yourself.
- 2 cups Hodgson Mill Insta-Bake Baking Mix
- 2 Tbsp organic sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup milk
- 1 or 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 1 - 2 Tsp cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- Organic turbinado raw cane sugar, for topping
- Optional: honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 1 muffin tin with cooking spray or insert muffin liners.
- Combine baking mix and sugar, then cut in butter using a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Mix in egg, milk, cinnamon/nutmeg and diced pears until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and top with a light sprinkle of raw cane sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with a pat of butter or honey, warm or cold.
Serving Size: Makes 1 dozen muffins