We’ve got the perfect Vegetable Medley Soup that will keep your family begging for more! This hearty soup will warm your family from their precious heads to their little toes! When a dish is so full of flavor and veggies, anything goes!
So run to the kitchen, make such a clatter because once this soup starts wafting, it will hardly matter! You’ll turn to the table, and with such a start, you’ll realize your family is there ready to take part! So smile at that scene and know you’re filling your family with 15 grams of nutritious protein!
Time: 60 minutes
Serving size: 1 bowl
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cumin (Ground)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Certified Organic Chili Powder (Ground)
- 4 - 5 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 3 ears corn, roasted, kernels removed
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced
- 14 ounces canned fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces roasted green chiles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Rapunzel Vegetable Broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 can Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk Lite
- 2 rounded cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Reduced Sodium Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Agave Nectar
- Splash Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lime Juice
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the cumin and chili powder; cook for one minute. Add the garlic and onion. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a small saucepan, make broth according to instructions on package.
To the large pot, add the roasted corn, sweet potato, canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and green chiles. Stir for a minute and then add in the broth. Stir well, cover and bring to a high simmer. Lower the heat and simmer gently, until the sweet potatoes are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and cooked chicken. Add salt, pepper and agave. Taste and adjust accordingly. Heat through gently; don't boil.
Just before serving, add the cilantro and lime juice.
Recipe adapted from Gluten Free Goddess.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 213
- Fat 5 grams [Saturated Fat 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g]
- Protein 15 grams
- Sodium 355 mgs
- Carbohydrates 31 grams
- Fiber 3 grams