We’ve got the perfect Vegetable Medley Soup that will keep your family begging for more! This hearty soup will warm your family from their precious heads to their little toes! When a dish is so full of flavor and veggies, anything goes!
So run to the kitchen, make such a clatter because once this soup starts wafting, it will hardly matter! You’ll turn to the table, and with such a start, you’ll realize your family is there ready to take part! So smile at that scene and know you’re filling your family with 15 grams of nutritious protein!
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon organic ground chili powder
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 ears corn, roasted and kernels removed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 14 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup fresh heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces roasted green chiles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 can (14 fl oz) organic coconut milk
- 2 rounded cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon organic agave nectar
- splash fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the cumin and chili powder; cook for one minute. Add the garlic and onion. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, make broth according to instructions on package.
- To the large pot, add the roasted corn, sweet potato, canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and green chiles. Stir for a minute and then add in the broth. Stir well, cover and bring to a high simmer. Lower the heat and simmer gently, until the sweet potatoes are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cooked chicken. Add salt, pepper and agave. Taste and adjust accordingly. Heat through gently; don't boil.
- Just before serving, add the cilantro and lime juice.
Recipe adapted from Gluten Free Goddess.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings