It's fun to indulge in treats like ice cream. However, enjoying a treat like that a few times a week really adds up! Now there's a way to enjoy ice cream without the huge heaping amount of calories and additives. This Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream recipe uses natural ingredients like frozen bananas and cocoa powder as a flavorful base, and allows you to add whatever flavors you'd like! Our featured recipe uses cinnamon and vanilla, but other combinations work well too, like fresh fruit, honey or peanut butter. You can also add toppings like pistachios or other nuts for a crunchier snack! No matter how you enjoy it, Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream is a great treat. Plus, at under 100 calories per serving, you can enjoy it guilt-free!
- 3 whole bananas, peeled, chopped & frozen
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- organic, unsalted, roasted in the shell pistachios (used as garnish)
- To begin, peel and chop bananas, lay out on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least two hours.
- Put frozen banana pieces into a food processor or blender, and blend until it starts to get creamy and smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla and cinnamon; continue blending.
- Add almond milk a few tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached, blending between additions.
- For best results, put ice cream in the freezer for an hour or two, then serve. Garnish with pistachios or topping of your choice. It can also be served immediately.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings