Flaky crust, fragrant spices, creamy texture...sounds like a traditional pumpkin pie, right? Wrong! This Vanilla Coconut Pumpkin Pie takes everything you love about pumpkin pie and combines it with much healthier ingredients. Almond milk and flavor free coconut oil lighten up the recipe, and a healthy amount of organic vanilla extract brings out the true pumpkin taste. Serve Vanilla Coconut Pumpkin Pie warm or chilled with any toppings of your choice. The family meal isn’t complete until you bring out the homemade pumpkin pie!
Time: 1 hour + 30 minutes
Serving size: 1 piece
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Organic Flour
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Ultra Reduced Sodium Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Zero
- 1/2 cup Swanson Organic Certified Organic Flavor Free Coconut Oil
- 2 - 4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups Farmer's Market Organic Canned Pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Almond Milk - Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened
- 1/3 cup Swanson Organic Certified Organic Flavor Free Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cinnamon (Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Nutmeg (Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ginger (Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cloves (Ground)
Preheat oven to 200° F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
Add oil and stir. Add water one tablespoon at a time as needed, until it sticks together but is not gummy. (We used 3 tablespoons.)
Press evenly into a 10-inch pie pan. Put the crust in the oven and immediately increase the temperature to 350° F. Bake 15 minutes. If the crust rises during baking, press back down before cooling.
Let cool completely.
Preheat oven to 355° F.
In a stand mixer or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth and incorporated.
Pour pie filling into your pie crust and bake 45–60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve cold, room temperature or warm depending on your preferences. Top with Greek yogurt or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 334
- Fat 17.6 grams [Saturated Fat 13.7 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 5.19 grams
- Sodium 211 mgs
- Carbohydrates 39.5 grams
- Fiber 3.3 grams