Protein isn't limited to main dishes. Add it on the side with Swanson Savory Parmesan Couscous. The nutritious dish delivers 12 grams of protein per serving. Tangy and zesty with a hint of lemon and herbs, this side features Bob's Red Mill Golden Couscous. This quick-cooking small pasta is made from semolina from durum wheat. It's also a source of selenium and potassium. The couscous is cooked with Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Bouillon for extra flavor. New at Swanson, Rapunzel bouillon cubes are made from organic vegetables and herbs, without added salt. We've mixed Eden Foods Aduki beans into our Savory Parmesan Coucous. Along with adding color, these mild and sweet beans also deliver fiber, B vitamins and trace minerals. Dried dill, fresh lemon zest and fresh parmesan cheese add zesty flavor which will keep you coming back for more!
Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 0.66 cup
- 1 Rapunzel Vegetable Bouillon - No Salt Added
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Golden Couscous
- 1 can Eden Foods Aduki Beans Organic
- 2 teaspoons Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Swanson Ultra Himalayan Crystal Salt, to taste
- Simply Organic Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Combine bouillon cube, olive oil and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil until bouillon cube completely dissolves. Stir in couscous and remove from heat. Cover and let plump for five minutes.
Drain and rinse aduki beans. After the couscous has plumped, add beans, dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Mix gently and fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 239
- Fat 5 grams [Saturated Fat 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g]
- Protein 12 grams
- Sodium 278 mgs
- Carbohydrates 36 grams
- Fiber 4.5 grams
|Golden Couscous||Aduki Beans||Olive Oil|