Protein isn't limited to main dishes. Add it on the side with Swanson Savory Parmesan Couscous. Tangy and zesty with a hint of lemon and herbs, this side features Bob's Red Mill Golden Couscous, a quick-cooking small pasta made from semolina from durum wheat.
This dish also features vegetable bouillon, Aduki beans, dill, lemon zest and parmesan cheese for a zesty flavor that will keep you coming back for more! Each serving delivers 12 grams of protein per serving.
Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 2/3 cup
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 can Aduki beans
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Combine bouillon cube, olive oil and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil until bouillon cube completely dissolves.
2. Stir in couscous and remove from heat. Cover and let plump for five minutes.
3. Drain and rinse Aduki beans. After the couscous has plumped, add beans, dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Mix gently and fluff with a fork.
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 239
- Fat 5 grams [Saturated Fat 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g]
- Protein 12 grams
- Sodium 278 mgs
- Carbohydrates 36 grams
- Fiber 4.5 grams
|Golden Couscous||Aduki Beans||Olive Oil|