Spice up chips and crackers with Red Pepper Cheese Dip! Great for any occasion, this creamy dip can be made the day before, making entertaining easy.
It features a base of roasted red peppers and a blend of ricotta cheese and Greek yogurt. Red peppers don't just add a vibrant color, they also offer nutrients like vitamins C and E and carotenoids. Ricotta cheese delivers omega fatty acids and, along with Greek yogurt, provides calcium and protein. The key to this dip's layered flavor is the special blend of seasonings that tantalize the taste buds.
Flavorful and savory, this delicious dip is completely customizable—you can make it as spicy or mild as you'd like. You can alter the amount of spices to suit your tastes, or add in your own choice of spices. We added habanero pepper sauce to give it a bigger kick. Enjoy!
Time: 65 minutes
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 small onion, peeled and halved
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain, fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon parsley leaves
1. Preheat broiler. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise, and discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove peel and discard. Set roasted pepper aside.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 400° F. Place onion halves, cut sides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes; turn over onion halves. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until onions are soft and begin to brown. Place onion halves on a plate. Cool 15 minutes.
3. Place roasted pepper, onion, and garlic in a food processor; process until fairly smooth. Add yogurt, cheese, cumin and cayenne; process until smooth. Spoon dip into a bowl, and stir in parsley. Cover and chill.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 27
- Fat 0.7 grams [Saturated Fat 0.4 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.04 g]
- Protein 3 grams
- Sodium 18 mgs
- Carbohydrates 3 grams
- Fiber 0.4 grams