Lemonade is delicious, and chia is full of nutrients. Put them together, add a splash of pomegranate, and what do you get? Pomegranate Chia Lemonade! This drink is perfect for a summer evening, and has a fun gel-like consistency that kids will love. Chia is loaded with fiber, protein, calcium and essential fatty acids. This refreshing drink is not only full of nutrients, but it's super easy to make! Pre-mixed chia drinks can be expensive and full of added ingredients. Why not make it yourself? Just combine all of the required ingredients, stir, and wait for the magic to happen!
Time: 35 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 units Vita Coco 100% Pure Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Swanson Organic Pomegranate Juice, Certified Organic
- 2 tablespoons Swanson Organic Certified Organic Raw Wildflower Honey
- 3 tablespoons Swanson Premium Chia Seeds 100% Pure White
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher. Stir well. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, until the seeds form a gel-like consistency.
Stir well before serving and enjoy.
To switch things up, try different juice flavors!
Recipe adapted from Busy-Mommy.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 150
- Fat 3.75 grams [Saturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5 g]
- Protein 2 grams
- Sodium 35 mgs
- Carbohydrates 29 grams
- Fiber 4 grams