No picnic would be complete without potato salad! But this dish is often filled with unnecessary calories and mayonnaise overload. This healthier version of a summertime staple uses Dijon mustard and garlic salt for flavor, and replaces mayonnaise with Greek yogurt to cut calories and add nutrition. It's quick to prepare, and can be stored in the fridge until your guests are hungry! Each serving has just over 125 calories, which makes it an awesome choice for your next barbeque.
Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 2 pounds organic potatoes, washed, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 tablespoon Organic Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tablespoon vinegar
- 3/4 cup plain organic Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Organic Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic Parsley Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Swanson Organic Dill Weed
- Wash and chop potatoes (we used red potatoes). Boil potatoes until tender; drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Combine lemon juice and vinegar in a medium bowl. Add potatoes and mix gently. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Mix yogurt, mustard, garlic salt, parsley, pepper and dill weed in a bowl until combined.
- When potatoes are cool, combine yogurt mixture with potatoes. Stir well until all potatoes are coated.
- Pour potato salad into a serving bowl and serve immediately, or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Southern In Law.
|Lemon Juice||Dried Parsley||Garlic Salt|