No picnic would be complete without potato salad! But this dish is often filled with unnecessary calories and mayonnaise overload. This healthier version of a summertime staple uses Dijon mustard and garlic salt for flavor, and replaces mayonnaise with Greek yogurt to cut calories and add nutrition. It's quick to prepare, and can be stored in the fridge until your guests are hungry! Each serving has just over 125 calories, which makes it an awesome choice for your next barbeque.
- 2 pounds organic potatoes, washed, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 tablespoons organic lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plain organic Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons organic Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons organic garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoons organic parsley leaves
- Wash and chop potatoes (we used red potatoes). Boil potatoes until tender; drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Gently mix lemon juice with potatoes in a bowl, and place in the fridge to cool.
- Mix yogurt, mustard, garlic salt and parsley in a bowl until combined.
- When potatoes are cool, combine yogurt mixture with potatoes. Stir until all potatoes are coated.
- Pour potato salad into a serving bowl and serve immediately, or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings. Serving size 1 cup.