No picnic would be complete without potato salad, but sometimes this dish can be filled with unnecessary calories and mayonnaise overload. This healthier version of a summertime staple uses Dijon mustard and garlic salt for flavor, and Greek yogurt replaces mayonnaise to cut calories and add nutrition. It's easy to prepare and can be stored in the fridge until your guests are hungry. Each serving has just 127 calories, making it a great choice for any indoor or outdoor gathering.
Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 2 pounds potatoes, washed and chopped into pieces
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tablespoon vinegar
- 3/4 cup plain organic Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Wash and chop potatoes. Boil potatoes until tender; drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Combine lemon juice and vinegar in a medium bowl. Add potatoes and mix gently. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Mix Greek yogurt, dijon mustard, garlic salt, parsley leaves, black pepper and dill weed in a bowl until combined.
- When potatoes are cool, combine yogurt mixture with potatoes. Stir well until all potatoes are coated.
- Pour potato salad into a bowl and serve immediately, or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Southern In Law.
|Lemon Juice||Dried Parsley||Garlic Salt|