A sweet and salty granola blend sure to blow your mind, or at the very least, your taste buds.
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 cups Nuts, chopped. I use a blend of almonds and walnuts.
- 1/2 cup unsalted Peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened Banana Chips, chopped.
- 3 Tbsp. Flax Powder or Wheat Germ
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Peanut Butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Canola or Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips, I use the Enjoy Life dairy and soy free chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly (from the rolled oats through to the salt).
- Melt peanut butter either in microwave or on the stove top. I zap mine in the microwave for thirty seconds or so. Add melted peanut butter to dry ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Add in the vanilla and your oil of choice. Mix to coat everything. Add in the maple syrup, stirring to coat everything.
- Once combined, spoon mixture onto a baking sheet. Leave clumped together. Do not spread out on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 22 to 25 minutes, stirring once at 12 minutes. Note: If you like your granola on the crunchier side, you can cook it longer. Also, if you like big clusters, don’t stir it as often.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Once cool, add chocolate chips.