If there's anything that brings you back to your childhood meals, it's Peanut Butter and Jelly. And now it's back, in a healthy, adult-like form, ready for easy breakfasts for the entire week.
- 1 heaping cup of frozen, organic raspberries
- 2 cups oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup extra virgin, organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract OR 5 drops vanilla stevia
- Sea salt flakes for sprinkling (if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350*F.
- Pour the raspberries into a small pot and set on medium-low on the stove to melt into a jam-like consistency. Be sure to measure your raspberries while they’re frozen. You can let this sit while getting the rest of the recipe together. **once the fruit is melted, slightly mash up the fruit to create a jam-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a small, microwave-safe dish, combine the coconut oil and peanut butter and melt in the microwave. Stir together. Add in the vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry and stir until combined.
- In a glass 8×8 (or 7×5) baking dish, pour just over half of the oat mix into the pan. With the back of a spoon or spatula, spread out the mixture and press down so it’s even and flat.
- Spoon the melted raspberries on top of the oats and spread out evenly.
- Add the rest of the oat mixture to the top and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then let stand/cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into bars.
Serving Size: Makes 6-8 Large Breakfast Bars